Saturday, October 05, 2013

LUNCH BOX ...

My son loves rice bhakri .. This is very nutritious and easy to prepare...

This Bhakri is very commonly prepared for breakfast in Goa , It is wholesome and keeps you full till lunch.

I pack it for my sons lunch box and can be eaten at lunch time instead of breakfast as its made up of rice . I also add onions, carrots to make it nutritionally enhanced.


INGREDIENTS:
Take 2 cups of rice flour in a bowl
Add finely chopped onion to it (one medium)
2 finely chopped green chilies
½ cup freshly grated coconut.
Salt and 1 tsp sugar.

I add freshly chopped coriander too as I love the smell of coriander.. but traditionally in Goa no one adds coriander leaves.


METHOD:
Mix all the ingredients together till they have a consistency of a uttapam batter or bhajia batter.
Pour it on a hot tawa or griddle with a spoon or with your hand (first dip your hand in water and then make a round circle on the tawa with your hand) , the you should make it neither thick or thin.

Cover it with a lid let it become brown on one side
Flip it over to the other side and let it brown on the other side too .
Remove smear with a spoon of homemade ghee.


And goans favorite breakfast is ready you can eat it with green chutney or just like that.
BHAKRI IS SIMILAR TO THE SOUTHINDIAN ADAI, OR THE MARATHI THALEPEETH.



I also add some nuts or fruit with this so that the lunch box is nutritionally complete.

2 comments:

vivari said...

my son loves bhakri too...nice pics

Anonymous said...

Hey nice recepie...nutritious option....kudos -priya